Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

georgie

Bread & Butter Pudding

Has anyone made gluten-free bread & butter pudding ? I wonder if it works just the same ?

Diagnosed May 2006 - Hashimotos Thyroid after being diagnosed in 1977 and told it didn't matter.

Diagnosed June 2006 with adrenal insufficiency.

Diagnosed June 2006 as Gluten Intolerant after I failed the Challenge Diet. Negative blood test.No biopsy.

Diagnosed June 2006 as B12 low. Needed weekly injections for a year.Still have them every 2 weeks.

Trialled Dairy Free Diet and reacted positively to that challenge in January 07.

News Flash! Coeliac Genetic Testing done April 08 . DQ2 Positive !

Diagnosed July 2010 FODMAP. Limits on Fructose, lactose, polyols, fructans. NO ONION! But I can have hard cheese, butter and cream again!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

And it can be made savoury by adding chopped sauteed bacon and cheese. Or as a sweet - extra sweet with apricot jam etc Guess I will just try it and see.The bread used to go all mushy anyway - so can't see why gluten-free bread wouldn't work.

Diagnosed May 2006 - Hashimotos Thyroid after being diagnosed in 1977 and told it didn't matter.

Diagnosed June 2006 as Gluten Intolerant after I failed the Challenge Diet. Negative blood test.No biopsy.

Diagnosed June 2006 as B12 low. Needed weekly injections for a year.Still have them every 2 weeks.

Trialled Dairy Free Diet and reacted positively to that challenge in January 07.

Diagnosed July 2010 FODMAP. Limits on Fructose, lactose, polyols, fructans. NO ONION! But I can have hard cheese, butter and cream again!!!

Georgie, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Mum used to make it when we were kids, my husband loves it and you have given me an inspiration to try to make it gluten free. I have never thought of making it in a savoury version. More inspiration.

I made a trifle for xmas, it wasn't too bad, but I wil have to work on the sponge part.

Cathy

The savoury version used to be great - so will try gluten-free. Has anyone tried it with apricot jam ?