• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if these are gluten free? For some reason I stopped using them, but after reading the label today in the store, I couldn't find any questionable ingredients. Maybe they have changed their formula recently? Any help is appreciated, as I really liked this product and it is affordable.

Thanks

I don't use it, but there may be a www. information on the bottle/container.

I always feel better when I get a confirmation from the company. Cosmetics and personal products have these mega words that no one other that a chemist could tell.

Guest cassidy

Last time I checked ( a year ago) they did contain gluten. I stopped using them for that reason. Curel was my favorite lotion and I really haven't found a replacement. Please post it if you determine that they changed things and are now safe.

I just called the Curel company and I inquired about the Continuous Comfort Original Formula lotion. The woman told me the standard "due to the fact that we have no control over our suppliers, we can't guarantee that it is gluten free." However, I went over the ingredients with her and in this particular formula, there are no questionable wheat or oat ingredients. I know that in at least two other types of lotions they produce, there are oats (avena). So, it is a personal call about using it, but it certainly seems that in this particular product, there is no gluten.

I've read a lot of people like coconut oil as a moisturizer. Surprisingly, It's not oily or greasy, and has a number of healthy benefits to the skin. Apparently great for a hair conditioner too.