Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rook (my ds) has been doing great for the last three day being gluten-free through me breastfeeding. Tonight he seems much worse again. With dinner we had fruit cocktail, every thing else I know was gluten-free because it was labeled. So could it be fruit cocktail? <_<

Addie, wife to Dennis, mother to Gillian (4) and Rook (2)!

Gluten and Corn Free since 02/6

Soy and Peanut Free since 07/08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It could very well be the fruit cocktail, but not in a gluten way. Fruit cocktail has pineapple in it, which makes mommy's milk cause upset stomachs. I learned this while breastfeeding my first baby. She was a colicky baby, and pineapple just made it so much worse!

By the way, welcome to the board! It is always nice to meet new people, and make new friends!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

It's nice meeting so many ppl here. This already has been so much help.

In ours (fruit cocktail) there is only peaches, pears and cherries. DD can't have pineapple? I wonder what caused it?

Addie, wife to Dennis, mother to Gillian (4) and Rook (2)!

Gluten and Corn Free since 02/6

Soy and Peanut Free since 07/08

With no pineapple in the fruit cocktail, I don't know what else it could be. Unless Rook is reacting to the dyes used in the cherries. My daughter can have pineapple now, it was just causing my breast milk to curdle. Onions and dill pickles did the same thing to me, so I had to watch what I ate carefully.

I hope Rook gets better soon! If that is him in your avatar, he is one beautiful baby!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25