This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glutten Free Cooking

joelcontrol

joelcontrol Apprentice

Gluten-Free Cooking Sprees 2007

New York City Gluten-Free Cooking Spree

Watch celebrity chefs and doctors compete to make the best gluten-free meals!!

Date: Friday, March 2, 2007

General Admission ($50): 6:30pm to 9:00pm

VIP Admission ($75): 6:00-9:00

Includes special meet & greet with doctors and chefs

The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

and

CNN Newsroom Anchor Heidi Collins to host

Gluten-Free Cooking Spree

with celebrity chefs and New York City-area doctors compete in a gluten free cook off to raise celiac disease awareness

About NFCA | Do I Have Celiac? | News | Newsletter | Research | Sponsors | YAFA | Volunteer | Kids Corner | Events | Links | Search

Gluten-Free Cooking Sprees New York City

Celiac Book Release Party

Appetite for Awareness

SEAL EE YAK Sprue Splash

Event Registration

Calling All Cooks!

Gluten-Free Cooking Sprees

**PURCHASE TICKETS FOR NEW YORK CITY GLUTEN-FREE COOKING SPREE**

National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

The Gluten-Free Cooking Spree is an event that joins together the medical and lifestyle aspects of celiac disease. The event began as a partnership between the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, the Drexel University School of Public Health and the Drexel University School of Hospitality Management in an effort to educate people about the wonderful world of gluten-free cooking.

NFCA paired culinary arts students with prominent physicians from nine hospitals in the Philadelphia area and taught them basic lessons about celiac disease and how to prepare gluten-free meals. After the training, the doctors partnered with students to compete in developing gluten-free recipes and preparing the delicious results. George Perrier of Le Bec-Fin and Christina Pirello, host of Christina Cooks, judged the food entries on taste and presentation. The winning team received a cooking lesson from George Perrier.

People who attended the event were able to watch the teams prepare their recipes and enjoyed a variety of gluten-free food and drinks from local vendors.

In 2007, NFCA will host seven cooking sprees in cities across the country. They will be in:

New York City

Boston

Washington, D.C.

Philadelphia

Atlanta

San Francisco

St. Louis

For Gluten-Free Cooking Sprees in 2007, NFCA will pair doctors with top chefs in each city and have them compete to develop and cook the best gluten-free meal. Culinary students will assist each team.

Profits from the event will support the NFCA national awareness campaign. A donation will also be made to the hospital that the winning team's doctor is affiliated with and to the local support group will receive funding that is designated for celiac awareness programming.

For more information about getting involved or sponsoring the Gluten-Free Cooking Sprees, please contact Vanessa Maltin at vanessa@celiaccentral.org or 215-692-2639.

Gluten-Free Cooking Spree Sign-Up

I SAW THIS ON LINE AND IT LOOKS INTERESTING.

[ * = required field ]

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived