Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if Mary Kay products are gluten free?

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone know if Mary Kay products are gluten free?

There are a couple of products with "wheat starch" listed. You can check the "Consumer's Guide to Ingredients" a book that consultants can buy from the company, if you are a consultant, or you can have your consultant look it up.

She can also go to the InTouch website (the consultant website) and go to "Product Knowledge" and click on "Ingredients" and look up by 1) Ingredient or 2) Product. She can look up what you use, or general terms like "wheat" and it will list everything that wheat is in.

You can also contact Mary Kay yourself, at 1-800-MARY-KAY, and they will send you a generic letter, and that letter will tell you to avoid just about everything, because they don't want to "speak for their vendors" so they just cover their legal butts. But if you look up the ingredients on the website or their ingredient book, then most things are ok.

The nail polish is not gluten-free. The old mascara was not gluten-free, but that one is discontinued now, so I doubt you are using that one....what else...I can't remember them all....just ask your MK Consultant.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Thank-you.

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Thank-you.

You're welcome! :)

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....