Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1mommy

Could It Be Something Else?

I have been gluten free for 6 months now with no results and actually my BM's have gotten worse like undigested food. I still have stomach pain all the time. Something strang happened the other day I ate a meal and felt great. I was the first time in months that I was not running to the bathroom after eating. To my supprise I read the lable and wheat was one of the top ingredants.This was probable one of the only times I did not read first. I was told by a woman that has celiacs that I could have a corn alergy instead. I was diagnosed by blood test and biopsy. The lab that did the blood test had to look it up to see what the needed and said they had not ran that test before. Could they have done the test wrong? I don't understand why there was so much difference.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you were diagnosed with a positive biopsy, you have it!!! Sometimes celiacs have a delayed reaction to glutening and sometimes they become more hypersensitive with a small amount. It's like when you're getting a lot of gluten, your body can't do anything about it, but when you get a small amount, the body wants to eliminate it immediately!

My first guess is that you're getting hidden gluten from somewhere.

My second guess is that you need to cut out dairy until you're healed.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

In addition to the other great advice have you eliminated non food sources of gluten? Things like shampoos and toiletries, gluten in hobby or craft items like paints, clays and glues, remodeling stuff like drywall and compound or wallpaper paste? Sometimes as we heal we become more sensitive to hidden gluten aroung us. I kept making myself sick with a shared can opener and pet food, took me over 2 years to figure that out. I hope you get some relief soon but as another poster said with both bloodwork and biopsy positive there is no doubt you are not handling gluten. You also may want to have the blood tests run again, since you did show positive they will be a good indicator of how gluten free you have been.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)