Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hathor

The Tuesday Club At Www.foodintol.com

Now that I have official results, the credit card is out. I've bought books, Triumph eating cards, Clan Thompson guides, the ScottFree newsletter, and assorted yum yums. Before I put the card away, is there any additional benefit to going with The Tuesday Club?

I'm willing to get whatever may be of use to me. But I don't know that what they provide gives me any additional benefit to what I have already. I do have to deal with cutting out soy now (and maybe yeast -- I'm ambivalent about that), as well as milk and egg -- which obviously aren't covered in the gluten free materials.

So I'm curious if anyone has ever subscribed. If so, what did you think of it?

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hi hathor,

I am not subscribed to the tuesday club, although registered for free. since then i get emails from them every day, sometimes more than one with extremely sensational headlines like 'get rid of the bloating today' and so on. this makes me suspicious. and I find the membership is not really cheap...

i bought some books on food intolerance and i think there are lot of normal cookbooks which have recipes for special diets like dairy-, soyfree etc. some books about food intolerance have some recipes as well. in my opinion, the tuesday club is expensive and i think they just want to use our problems to make cash.

best, Sonja

Yeah, that's right. I was getting all those emails from them before I told them to stop. I think I'll save my money for yummy gluten-free goodies unless I hear from someone who really found it beneficial. There is so much free information out there, plus books I've bought I've yet to get through.

I just react to problems by over-researching them. At some point I have to stop :lol:

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

I just react to problems by over-researching them. At some point I have to stop :lol:

yeah, me too, and then I can't hardly read all the stuff and digest informationen due to less time....

good luck, Sonja