Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anerissara

Marshmallow-millet Squares...yum!

The other day I made some really yummy marshmallow-millet squares and I wanted to share the recipe. I called the company that makes the puffed millet (Arrowhead mills) and they said that the product itself is completely gluten-free but it's made in a facility that also processes wheat. They also said that they wash down all their lines between batches and are very careful about allergens, so I am pretty confident that it's safe...also, my celiac's friend and I both ate them and neither of us reacted. Just wanted to add that disclaimer, though...

Here's the recipe:

5 cups puffed millet (Arrowhead Mills makes it, there are probably others)

1/4 cup butter or butter substitute

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 pkg. marshmallows

Mini M&M's baking bits

Melt the butter in a pan, then add marshmallows a few at a time and stir until the whole bag is melted in. Then add the peanut butter and stir until combined. Pour the millet puffs into a large bowl, then slowly pour the marshmallow mixture over the puffs. Stir constantly (this isn't easy) to combine all the puffs with the marshmallow. When mixture has cooled slightly but is still stir-able, add about 1/2 package of the M&M's and stir until mixed in (wait until it is slightly cool, or the chocolate will melt!). Press mixture into a well-greased pan, let sit until cool and enjoy! :P

"I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" -Psalm 91

gluten-free since January 26th, 2005

Feeling up and down, but better!

Mommy of a gluten-free 8 yr old, a 6 yr old who (much to her dismay) will be gluten-free soon and a 2 yr old who is so far symptom-free. Contemplating putting the whole family on the gluten-free diet since crumbs have become my nemisis!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

yum that sounds really good (i'm a sucker for anything with peanut butter & chocolate together! :) ) where do you get the arrowhead mills stuff? like a health food section of normal grocery store or i will i have to go somewhere more speciality? i live in the middle of nowhere... haha :)