Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annaem

Pregnancy And Screening

Hi everyone. I am pregnant and did the first trimester screening for down's syndrome. It came back as a positive screening - 1:200. I was wondering if this positive result could be conected to my celiac disease. I do happen to have a high ANA as well. Which is often connected to celiac disease. But i was thinking whether this too could have an effect on the result.

Did anyone with celiac disease get similar results...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone. I am pregnant and did the first trimester screening for down's syndrome. It came back as a positive screening - 1:200. I was wondering if this positive result could be conected to my celiac disease. I do happen to have a high ANA as well. Which is often connected to celiac disease. But i was thinking whether this too could have an effect on the result.

Did anyone with celiac disease get similar results...

I can't answer your question about the connection to celiac disease, but wanted to point out that the triple screen does have a fairly high rate of false positives. The numbers I have seen are between 19-24% of tests are falsely positive.

Michelle

I am pregnant too and my triple screen came back positive (1:180) for DS - I went ahead and did the amnio and it came back ok though. I too thought it might be from the celiac - I was just dx in May and got pregnant in Sept. before my intestines could heal. I had all kinds of wierd blood tests prior to my dx that were a result of the celiac, so why not this too :) Good luck and don't worry - it is a very high rate of false positives.

I'm glad to hear your baby is healthy and doing well. Thanks for the positive words. I am not going to do the amnio because of personal reasons. I am hoping my next ultrasound gives some more information. Take care Anna