Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kali_mist

Help! Looking For Canadian Gluten Free Product List

I am a very newly diagnosed celiac and I am looking for a Canadian gluten free product list. I was lucky to find one but it is from 2004 and I think it's for US products and I know some of the products are made differently in Canada. If anyone has any information I could really use it.

~Julie~

Gluten-free since March 2007

Allergic to: soy, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and mustard

"The sweet is never as sweet without the sour"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There is not an up to date list, really. The Hamilton chapter has stuff on their site, but it's quite old. Are you looking for certain things? I can help you, I'm sure.

Gluten-free, Vegan

One thing I am having trouble finding is a gluten free Worchestershire Sauce. I know the Lea & Perrins in the US is gluten-free but not in Canada because it is made with malt vinegar. I don't even know of another company that makes it.

~Julie~

One thing I am having trouble finding is a gluten free Worchestershire Sauce. I know the Lea & Perrins in the US is gluten-free but not in Canada because it is made with malt vinegar. I don't even know of another company that makes it.

Unfortunately, there isn't one. The Lea & Perrins in the US is gluten-free, so if you have any US friends, have them send one up to you......

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Edwards and Sons is gluten-free and they sell it here.

Gluten-free, Vegan

I use "The Wizard's" Organic Wheat-free Vegan Worchestershire sauce (made by Edward and Sons). Their site says it's gluten-free.

I certainly missed Worchestershire, and this one has lots of flavor.

Debbie

Gluten free since July 97

corn free since Jan 98

Never diagnosed by a Doctor

Symptoms cleared on gluten-free diet

Mom and one sister are also gluten-free

One sister with type I diabetes (diagnosed at age 10)

Thanks for the tip, hopefully I'll be able to find it. Otherwise I'll just get my brother that lives in Boston to send me a case of Lea&Perrins.

~Julie~

I am a very newly diagnosed celiac and I am looking for a Canadian gluten free product list. I was lucky to find one but it is from 2004 and I think it's for US products and I know some of the products are made differently in Canada. If anyone has any information I could really use it.

I haven't founda complete list anywhere. However,. companies change their products so even if a complete list existed, it might not be accurate.

I've looked at different websites- eg Kraft, Pillers, etc. - to get the info that we need. Plus, we've had to call alot of the 1-800 numbers too.

It took some time to become familiar with the products that were safe and to know which products we needed to avoid. Sometimes we've gotten a little lazy recently and haven't checked the labels- DH just bought a package of Hot Kid rice crackers that were not gluten-free. We forgot to check because their crackers are usually safe. This incident made us realize that we need to always read the labels.

Shelley Case's book (The Gluten-Free Diet) has info about quite a few gluten-free products available in Canada.

Good luck,

Suzie

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

celiac disease diagnosed by pos tTG March 2006 and pos biopsy June 2006

I recently started the gluten-free diet after testing came back positive Feb 16 this year....i am in Ontario as well... brands that i use are El Peto which there main factory is in Ktichener they carry a number of frozen products...bread hamburger buns cakes muffins cookies pizza crust bagels all of these are vacuumed packed them put into bags.... they carry alot of staples ... another one is Glutino....if you live close to Orangvile theres a store called Harmony Whole Foods Market they too have a wide selection of products.....penny.ca is a really good site as well to check out....in Burlington on Apr 28 there is a food fare put on by the Hamilton branch there will be a few speakers as well as shopping for gluten-free products,samples to try as well as a lunch...i have already made plans to attend ...once again you have to remember to read any label and understand it as well...right now i am fighting with some of the hidden glutens that i am not aware of......as time goes on i will get better....for now i stick to things that i know i wont get sick.......best of luck!!!! better days to come!!

I recently started the gluten-free diet after testing came back positive Feb 16 this year....i am in Ontario as well... brands that i use are El Peto which there main factory is in Ktichener they carry a number of frozen products...bread hamburger buns cakes muffins cookies pizza crust bagels all of these are vacuumed packed them put into bags.... they carry alot of staples ... another one is Glutino....if you live close to Orangvile theres a store called Harmony Whole Foods Market they too have a wide selection of products.....penny.ca is a really good site as well to check out....in Burlington on Apr 28 there is a food fare put on by the Hamilton branch there will be a few speakers as well as shopping for gluten-free products,samples to try as well as a lunch...i have already made plans to attend ...once again you have to remember to read any label and understand it as well...right now i am fighting with some of the hidden glutens that i am not aware of......as time goes on i will get better....for now i stick to things that i know i wont get sick.......best of luck!!!! better days to come!!

Thanks for the info about the celiac workshop in Burlington. I think I might go.

Suzie

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

Suzie.....you will have to go to the site for the Hamilton branch and see when the deadline is for the food fare...there is a entrance fee and for numbers purpose they need in advance a number for the lunch...i beleive the deadline is the 12th of April....would be a great expericence as well as very informative.......i used the penny.ca site then searched through and came across the Hamilton branches ad for the food fare.......

Suzie.....you will have to go to the site for the Hamilton branch and see when the deadline is for the food fare...there is a entrance fee and for numbers purpose they need in advance a number for the lunch...i beleive the deadline is the 12th of April....would be a great expericence as well as very informative.......i used the penny.ca site then searched through and came across the Hamilton branches ad for the food fare.......

Yes the site says April 12th is the pre-registration deadline. The workshop is very affordable ($10 for CCA members, $15 for non-members) but the lunch is a bit pricey ($30)

http://penny.ca/Hamilton.htm

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

Yes the site says April 12th is the pre-registration deadline. The workshop is very affordable ($10 for CCA members, $15 for non-members) but the lunch is a bit pricey ($30)

http://penny.ca/Hamilton.htm

I am SOOOO excited! I live right around the corner from the Burlington Convention Centre!! A GLUTEN-FREE BUFFET?!!?!? That is my dream! Buffets are the one thing that I've missed most since going gluten-free! I bought Shelley Case's book to help me get going properly with this diet and she's speaking there! I find this so amazing! Thanks for letting us know!

Dear kali_mist,

I did a search on Google and found the site simplicity66 has on here. I am in the U.S., but bookmarked it for future use. Canada should have had more of these lists, you would think. Anyway, the penny site has a lot of products listed. The mainstream brands on there like Borden are great to have info on.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freedom.dtt
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)