Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is constantly being dizzy and tired normal symptoms associated with celiac disease. I have been gluten free for a couple months and I always have tired eyes in the early afternoon, lightheaded and dizzy. I can hardly even focus while doing computer work. I cant tell if it is being caused by stress from my new job, anxiety from not feeling good for so long, or something actually seriously wrong. I dont have anemia or any malabsorption issues. What's going on..... is my dizziness caused by my tired eyes, or vice versa?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I also have felt light-headed and dizzy increasingly lately. I've been gluten-free for 7 months and have not recently changed my diet/lifestyle etc. Don't notice a distinct pattern of it happening only when I'm really hungry (I'm frequently REALLY hungry) and I know I'm eating enough food. It tends to happen when I stand up from my desk at work - but feels different from the starry eyed thing I get sometimes from blood pressure drop with change in position. Hmmm? Could this be an anemia type of thing? I feel like I'm adequately hydrated but maybe not??

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes I even have it when I close my eyes. I just went gluten-free recently and I notice it more now - maybe because I feel better everywhere else?

Tritty (my childhood nickname....)

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07

gluten-free since 1/16/07

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

Two oldest kids - fine so far :)

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

I'm going to chime it as well. I've gotten so dizzy that i have to close my eyes sometimes to stop the room from spinning. I was thinking that it might be allergies here. but if you all are getting this and being newly gluten-free, maybe it's a symptom of being gluten-free? I was gonig to ask my doc in April when i go to my follow up.

I went through a tired and a dizzy period and all I can say is that they eventually passed. For the tiredness I drank Ensure (Watch....Chocolate Malt Flavor has gluten) and tried to get as much sleep as possible. As for the dizzy I just had to fight through it.

Best of Luck

Cleveland Bob B)

"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....

gluten-free Since December 2004.....

Soy Intolerant August 2007......

Is constantly being dizzy and tired normal symptoms associated with celiac disease. I have been gluten free for a couple months and I always have tired eyes in the early afternoon, lightheaded and dizzy. I can hardly even focus while doing computer work. I cant tell if it is being caused by stress from my new job, anxiety from not feeling good for so long, or something actually seriously wrong. I dont have anemia or any malabsorption issues. What's going on..... is my dizziness caused by my tired eyes, or vice versa?

I'm curious as to what you mean by "tired eyes"? One of my sisters was having trouble keeping her eye lids open after say three in the afternoon. She wasn't necessarily exhausted or sleepy, but just unable to keep her eye lids open. About two years ago her doctor diagnosed a type of auto immune syndrom that causes that. I thought that was somewhat odd at the time, but now, having been diagnosed with Celiac I don't find it odd at all. :rolleyes:

violet

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind

as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics