Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanbr

My Dad.... Step Dad... I'm New

My father has been having problems with Celiac Disease for around 10 or so years now. It's sad, not only because of the disease, but to see a man who LOVED bread products reduce himself to things he just tolerates.

He has gone through so much trouble. He was told he was one of two people in the world with his rare type of Celiac. During the time he has been diagnosed, he has had health problems beyond control.

His iron level is largely above what it should be.

He has had health problems they don't understand.

Right now he is getting tested for lukemia (sure spelling is probably wrong). His brother died of it at age 13, so it is in the family. We find out those results next week.

He has always been extremely strict to his diet which is why is it sad his health isn't so good. He's now 67, which may be old to some, but he still has so far that he could live.

It's sad to see cuz he has always been a man who overly takes care of himself.

So, I just wanted to pop in and talk about him and say that I know how hard it is to worry about someone you love so much. I get calls from my mom (they live accross country) asking me to look up products on the internet for her for food. I just thank god he doesn't have to limit too much. He still gets his chocolate bars, his Doritos etc. :)

Thanks for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the forum! You are a super daughter :D

And thank God for chocolate! :lol: Maybe that's why a lot of us are chocoholics, it's safe and it's yummy :P

Celiac disease is made much easier by the computer. My first 8 years of diagnosis was without the computer and my diet was extremely limited as I didn't have access to any information or products. So it was basically fresh fruit, veggies and meat. It's much easier now to check with companys and there is so much more food on the market.

You will find lots of information, recipes and products in this forum. Feel free to ask any questions, or just to vent your frustrations. We all understand!

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freedom.dtt
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts