Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wethree

Fluffy Homemade gluten-free Bread

Been working with Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix and each time I make it---it gets better. At first I made it in one loaf, which is suggested on the bag, but it makes such a gigantic loaf that it really is unmanageable when you cut it into slices----way too big. I bought four small non-stick pans and it is working out nicely. I have a Kitchen Aid mixer and follow the directions on the bag letting the mixture beat (not with the dough hook, just the regular beater). Today they turned out so fluffy and nice, yet crusty on the outside. These four loaves should do me for some time. I am lucky as I am the only one that eats gluten-free in the house. This could be a chore if you had several people in the house with celiac disease, but I am so thrilled to be eating really good bread again. Oh, you only have to bake the small loaves for 40 minutes in a convection oven, might be a little longer in a regular oven. Be sure to use apple cider vinegar which is what you should be using rather than white vinegar. It does take a lot of eggs, but heck, you're worth it!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):