Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dally099

Soy Allergy/its In Everything

so heres an interesting thought, i have discovered that there is a defenite soy allergy for me hives and swelling happen pretty quickly after consuming it, so i started to really read labels around the house, because the last couple of days i have discovered soy in things i never would have expected such as crushed garlic! its also in bread and all bread products so my hubby mentioned that maybe its not wheat or gluten but the soy. i dont think so but its an interesting thought, i still think wheat or soy becuase of the weight loss i had after xmas (10lbs in one month) the D as well as the joint pain. for me all of this started over the xmas holidays. but looking back have had some digestion issues since my hysterectomy last year. it makes you wonder though how many people out there are sick for something that they are allergic to and comsuming daily in stuff that they would never think has the offending item in it?

just a thought

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have celiac disease so I know gluten does it to me for sure but I'm also allergic to soy and I've found it harder to avoid soy since going gluten-free than gluten. If it doesn't contain gluten it definitely contains soy or so it seems. soy makes me break out like a teenager!

Amy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!