Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I3Daniel

Girlfriend Of Possible Celiac/gi

Coca-Cola Products

9/06

"We are able to confirm that Coca-Cola classic, caffeine free Coca-Cola classic, Coca-Cola Blak, Coca-Cola C2, Coca-Cola with Lime, Coca-Cola Zero, Barq's root beer, caffeine free Barq's root beer, diet Barq's root beer, diet Barq's Red Creme Soda, Diet Coke Black Cherry Vanilla, Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, caffeine free Diet Coke, Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda, Sprite, Diet Sprite Zero, vanilla Coke, diet Coke vanilla, cherry Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, Fresca, DASANI Lemon, Minute Maid Light Lemonade, Simply Lemonade, Simply Limeade, POWERade Mountain Blast, and our 100% juice products (without added ingredients) are gluten free.

I found out today that this is not true anymore. I have been sick for weeks, and it turns out that it was Coke Zero that has been doing it. Coke, in their email, said that their products contain less than 220ppm, but the FDA has defined "gluten-free" as anything under 20ppm. For some people, Coke may not cause a reaction, but for myself and a friend of mine, it causes severe symptoms. The best thing I can recommend is to try it and see what happens.

Good Luck...and I would like to add that I am so glad that I found this forum...you're advice is great, everyone!

Dear bethabetha,

I am so glad you posted this! I found out about them using the Codex standards recently! I am glad I have not been drinking it! In fact, Barbara and I were just discussing this! I told her, I was afraid to drink it, because it still contains a trace! Any amount of gluten no matter how microscopic, causes me to have a violent reaction! I am so grateful that you posted this!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I'm just glad I found it when I did. I've been going crazy for the past month trying to figure out what was making me sick after going so long without any symptoms. I did find out though that all Pepsi products "contain no gluten whatsoever" from their website. Guess I'm switching now.

I'm just glad I found it when I did. I've been going crazy for the past month trying to figure out what was making me sick after going so long without any symptoms. I did find out though that all Pepsi products "contain no gluten whatsoever" from their website. Guess I'm switching now.

Dear bethabetha,

I found out that Coke is safe. That means it could have been something else in the soda you cannot tolerate. Other members told me I was wrong when I posted that it was not safe. I know now that it is. You also need to be careful about cross-contamination. There are so many sources, from your cosmetics to your toothpaste!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl