Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

girlywhirly

New Diagnosis--symptoms Worsening!

I have recently received a diagnosis of celiac disease from a blood test. My dr was unable to get a biopsy due to the inflammation of my small intenstine, however, they are pretty confident that they have reached an answer. After my release from the hospital I went right out and de-glutened my kitchen and felt tremendous for the first 3 days! However over the past 2 weeks I've been surprised to find my symptoms fluctuating and sometimes finding myself worse than before they diagnosed me!

I can't wear anything that puts any pressure on my abdomen or it triggers a reaction as if I've eaten gluten. Also, I'm experiencing increasing and worsening nausea that is only controlled by Zofran. I don't know if this is part of the healing process or not, but I'm so careful about anything that I ingest or wear I wonder if I'm poisening myself somehow or if there is something else I should be doing?

What can I do??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have recently received a diagnosis of celiac disease from a blood test. My dr was unable to get a biopsy due to the inflammation of my small intenstine, however, they are pretty confident that they have reached an answer. After my release from the hospital I went right out and de-glutened my kitchen and felt tremendous for the first 3 days! However over the past 2 weeks I've been surprised to find my symptoms fluctuating and sometimes finding myself worse than before they diagnosed me!

I can't wear anything that puts any pressure on my abdomen or it triggers a reaction as if I've eaten gluten. Also, I'm experiencing increasing and worsening nausea that is only controlled by Zofran. I don't know if this is part of the healing process or not, but I'm so careful about anything that I ingest or wear I wonder if I'm poisening myself somehow or if there is something else I should be doing?

What can I do??

I was the same way, I felt awesome after the first few days, then i started to feel terrible again. Then I found out i was casein intolerant, which has been very hard for me to deal with. I still have good and bad days. I hear it takes about 6 months to an yr to actually feel great.

I am actually in the process of contacting all of the product companies to see if all the stuff i use is gluten free. I feel like I am still getting glutened from something, but i have not been able to figure it out yet.

Maybe give up casein for a while and see if u feel better. Most celiacs cant tolerate dairy while they are healing.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet