This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Dd And Ds Have Celiac

sclark9602

sclark9602 Apprentice

Okay, DS's stomach hurt for a couple of days last week (Wed. and Thur). Well starting on Saturday DD's tummy started hurting too. DS didn't have diarrhea or throwing up but just a quizzy feeling. DD has had diarrhea and throw. up since Sat. I have been keeping an eye on it and was thinking maybe it was a virus and not Celiac but now I'm thinking it's celiac. Friday I looked around at diff. foods/bev. they've had to see if I bought something by accident. Well I noticed that the hot choc. (store brand) that I bought had Modif. food starch in the marshmellows. But the allergy info. said Milk and Soy. I took the hot choc. away and they are not able to have anymore. Could this be due to gluten?? DS is fine and has never been as severe as DD. To me it is the pattern of being glutened. I feel so bad that I made that mistake. The only other thing that is different is that they have had donuts from Kinnikinick. They have never been sick from those before. Why don't they put Gluten on the food labels? It is always either milk, soy, wheat, ect.......

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sclark9602 Apprentice

I meant to say that my DS is fine this week. His was over after a couple of days but DD's is lingering on.

Guhlia Rising Star

Modified food starch in the US should be fine. It would have to say wheat on the label if it contained wheat starch.

sclark9602 Apprentice

Oh Know!!! I just read the Heinz 57 sauce and it has malt vin. in it. I've been feeding that to my kids thinking that was okay. Not that the malt vinegar was okay but I could've sworn that H. 57 was fine. I think that I confused it with A1 steak sauce. I feel really horrible now.

Juliet Newbie

We all make mistakes, even after doing this for awhile (for me about a year and a half), and we all feel bad about it, too. Just remember it does no one any good for you to feel guilty for too long, just try to remember that mistake and continue to always be vigilant (as I had to remind myself just a couple of weeks ago, too :) )

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Julie Riordan replied to Julie Riordan's topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

2. - trents replied to SuzanneL's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Weak Positive Test

3. - SuzanneL posted a topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Weak Positive Test

4. - Scott Adams replied to Braver101's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant sweating with celiac disease

5. - Scott Adams replied to Julie Riordan's topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Zofosho
    Newest Member
    Zofosho
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Julie Riordan
      I am going to France in two weeks and then to Portugal in May   Thanks for your reply 
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @SuzanneL! Which tTG was that? tTG-IGA? tTG-IGG? Were there other celiac antibody tests run from that blood draw? Was total IGA measured? By some chance were you already cutting back on gluten by the time the blood draw was taken or just not eating much? For the celiac antibody tests to be accurate a person needs to be eating about 10g of gluten daily which is about 4-6 pieces of bread.
    • SuzanneL
      I've recently received a weak positive tTG, 6. For about six years, I've been sick almost everyday. I was told it was just my IBS. I have constant nausea. Sometimes after I eat, I have sharp, upper pain in my abdomen. I sometimes feel or vomit (bile) after eating. The doctor wanted me to try a stronger anti acid before doing an endoscopy. I'm just curious if these symptoms are pointing towards Celiac Disease? 
    • Scott Adams
      I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. It must be really frustrating and uncomfortable. Have you talked to your healthcare provider about these sudden sweating episodes? It might be helpful to discuss this with them to rule out any other underlying issues or to see if there are specific strategies or treatments that can help manage this symptom. Additionally, staying hydrated and wearing breathable clothing may provide some relief. 
    • Scott Adams
      I am not sure where you are going, but we have articles in this section which may be helpful: https://www.celiac.com/celiac-disease/gluten-free-travel/