Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I guess I need to quit looking up celiac in PubMed......I found this 2006 article when I was trying to cross reference celiac arthropathy and villous/joint damage resolution. Needless to say, it is a little more than disheartening to see we can do this gluten-free diet and still take so long to heal......and if we are older than 30 :ph34r: , we are worse off !! Maybe there are more refractory sprue folks out there than they originally thought. It does seem to support waiting 2 years before you let them rescope you for a follow up.

I've been gluten-free for over 4 years now, and plans are to rescope this year.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=16810593

Iron deficiency without anemia, unexplained weight loss 2/2003

Positive celiac biopsy 4/2003

Autoimmune thyroiditis 8/2005

Gluten Free Since 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It does take time (four years for you Ann?). I have been there for almost two years and Thursday night I go "slimed"....with one drop of my husbands hamburger mustrard on my steamed brocolli.

(huff)... refractory is another word like IBS. There are reasons and a cure there somewhere, just not research available yet.

Keep looking. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

It does take time (four years for you Ann?). I have been there for almost two years and Thursday night I go "slimed"....with one drop of my husbands hamburger mustrard on my steamed brocolli.

(huff)... refractory is another word like IBS. There are reasons and a cure there somewhere, just not research available yet.

Keep looking. :)

Yes, 4 looooooooooong years...............can you tell I'm having a pity party??

And DH gives me the eyes rolling when I complain about cross contamination! Mr Crumbs on the counter......no, I was NOT going to cook his garlic toast next to mine!!

Ahem.....I do think you are on to something....I believe they'll have to redefine refractory sprue if many other researchers validate that study.

On the plus side for DH, when he asked what would I do if the biopsy showed damage in spite of all my efforts and I rolled MY eyes, he said Oh no you won't!!

Gosh, it feels good to talk to people who understand!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron deficiency without anemia, unexplained weight loss 2/2003

Positive celiac biopsy 4/2003

Autoimmune thyroiditis 8/2005

Gluten Free Since 2003