Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electra

D-amphetamines Or Dexadrine

According to the pharmacist NO they don't, but I'm having more and more pain everyday since I started taking them again. Does anyone know if they are suppose to be safe or not? Thanks so much to anyone who can help on this one!!

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

According to the pharmacist NO they don't, but I'm having more and more pain everyday since I started taking them again. Does anyone know if they are suppose to be safe or not? Thanks so much to anyone who can help on this one!!

If they are causing you pain stop taking them. Then get the paper that comes with the script and call the company yourself to verify. If they are a generic or an OTC your risk of gluten is higher than if they are a name brand script. The drugs themselves may be gluten-free but the binders in them may not be. I recently threw away some allergy tabs from Eckerd Drugs because the labeling was ambiguous and there was not number or web site to call. Some druggists by the way are also clueless. I watched one at Eckerd throw a hissy fit and throw the paper that came with the drugs across the room because she was annoyed that I demanded that she check to be sure. She actually said, 'well I don't see the word gluten in there anywhere so they must be alright'. I get my scripts filled elsewhere now.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)