Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

I'm Off To Disney World!

My 14 yo daughter and I are off to Disney World early Sunday morning. It's the first time for both of us. She won her trip, along with her cousin and 2 friends, by taking part in a science-type contest. The national finals are in DW next week. I feel a little bad leaving my other 3 kids and hubby, but I really wanted to share the experience with my DD. They are all doing fun things for the week too, so they aren't too deprived - my 15 yo DD is taking the train to Portland with a friend for the week to stay with her friend's aunt and uncle and my boys are already at the ocean with Grandma and Grandpa. My poor hubby will have to stay home and go to work and take care of the dog :P . I'll make it up to him somehow.

I'm excited about not having to cook for 6 people for 6 whole days! I like to cook, but this will be a wonderful treat for me! I'm hoping I walk off all the extra calories I know I'll be eating. I'm even thinking of splurging on gluten-free/CF Mickey Mouse pancakes!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My 14 yo daughter and I are off to Disney World early Sunday morning. It's the first time for both of us. She won her trip, along with her cousin and 2 friends, by taking part in a science-type contest. The national finals are in DW next week. I feel a little bad leaving my other 3 kids and hubby, but I really wanted to share the experience with my DD. They are all doing fun things for the week too, so they aren't too deprived - my 15 yo DD is taking the train to Portland with a friend for the week to stay with her friend's aunt and uncle and my boys are already at the ocean with Grandma and Grandpa. My poor hubby will have to stay home and go to work and take care of the dog :P . I'll make it up to him somehow.

I'm excited about not having to cook for 6 people for 6 whole days! I like to cook, but this will be a wonderful treat for me! I'm hoping I walk off all the extra calories I know I'll be eating. I'm even thinking of splurging on gluten-free/CF Mickey Mouse pancakes!

Just wanted to say, have a wonderful time, i just returned from an 11 day Disney world vacation that was wonderful! They make the best gluten-free pancakes ever! I have never eaten so many cheeseburgers and fries in my life. And they even sell gluten-free brownies, rice crispy treats and chocolate chip cookies, i gained 10 lbs! but it was so woth it!!!!!

Have a great trip!

MG

good for you and your daugher!

Disneys its for celiacs a dream that came true!!

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abi

Abigail, mom of Brian (36 months and Celiac since oct 2006), and Alan (9 month and Didnt try any gluten yet...)

OMGosh...don't worry about the walking part, you will definitely be working off some things. :P I LOVED the pancakes...they have real maple syrup for gluten free people...and they can do dairy free as well. They even made sure the bacon was gluten free for me. LOVE Disney!!!! :P