Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zarfkitty

Newbie Gluten.casein.free Pizza Went Well

So I made lorka's flax bread dough recipe and spread it on a jellyroll pan. I let it rise about 30 minutes and then added the toppings.

I used 365 Organic Classic pasta sauce and Vegan Gourmet "mozzarella".

It turned out nice with good deep dish mojo. It doesn't taste much like the fabulous pizzas I made before dx, but since it's been over a month since I had pizza... I'll take it!!

Next time I'm adding seasoned hamburger and veggies so I don't have to stretch the "cheese" so far.

My daughter loved it and my husband thinks it's pretty good for a Gluten-free Casein-free dish. (From him, that's a glowing recommendation considering he's still in mourning for my regular pizza. :P )

gluten-free May 17, 2007; casein-light since June 2007

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So I made lorka's flax bread dough recipe and spread it on a jellyroll pan. I let it rise about 30 minutes and then added the toppings.

I used 365 Organic Classic pasta sauce and Vegan Gourmet "mozzarella".

It turned out nice with good deep dish mojo. It doesn't taste much like the fabulous pizzas I made before dx, but since it's been over a month since I had pizza... I'll take it!!

Next time I'm adding seasoned hamburger and veggies so I don't have to stretch the "cheese" so far.

My daughter loved it and my husband thinks it's pretty good for a Gluten-free Casein-free dish. (From him, that's a glowing recommendation considering he's still in mourning for my regular pizza. :P )

I make this for my daughter using Namaste brand pizza dough mix. I use ketchup for the sauce. She doesn't like a lot of sauce, so I just sort of drizzle it over and spread it out for tomato flavor. For the cheese I used made up Chreese powder. The Alfredo if I have it. I top it with some ham or pepperoni if I have that. Daughter loves it.