Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Weird Symptoms When Trying To Go To Sleep

I recently made a new post called heart flip flop. Now i dont think it has anything to do with my heart. This is the sensation i get when i try to fall asleep: As i lay there getting tired and trying to fall asleep, i get this wave of fear feeling that starts behind my sternum (almost takes my breath away), then it moves down into my stomach and a big jolt (spasm) and its over until the next one. I tried to check my pulse while having these symptoms and it doesnt race or anything. I have been having a little more GERD lately and bloating, but i cant pinpoint what it is or where it is exactly coming from. Could it be Esophagael spasms, reflux, gas in the upper gi, ????????? Any ideas. If it was heart related why would it almost predominantely only happen when going to bed, and sometimes after eating?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wish I had an answer for you. Maybe try not eating 2 hours before going to bed and don't lie down 2 hours after you eat either. I know that really helps my mom (she has Barrett's Esophagus). This could help you feel better, but I wish I could help you figure out why you feel that way.

I recently made a new post called heart flip flop. Now i dont think it has anything to do with my heart. This is the sensation i get when i try to fall asleep: As i lay there getting tired and trying to fall asleep, i get this wave of fear feeling that starts behind my sternum (almost takes my breath away), then it moves down into my stomach and a big jolt (spasm) and its over until the next one. I tried to check my pulse while having these symptoms and it doesnt race or anything. I have been having a little more GERD lately and bloating, but i cant pinpoint what it is or where it is exactly coming from. Could it be Esophagael spasms, reflux, gas in the upper gi, ????????? Any ideas. If it was heart related why would it almost predominantely only happen when going to bed, and sometimes after eating?

don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but i would get these whole-body jerks that would happen most often before falling asleep, sometimes when i was awake, but usually right before sleep. sometimes a succession of them, like 4-5 in a row, and sometimes just a big one. anyway, doctors suggested maybe it was myoclonic jerks, and they are not dangerous. anyway, i am around 7 weeks into gluten-free diet and they are definitely becoming less often. i'm hoping just a recovery thing from Celiac symptoms. hope this helps as i'm not sure if it is exactly what you are describing or not and i don't even know if what i had was myoclonic jerks but the closest thing that docotors could give to label the weird sensation.

don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but i would get these whole-body jerks that would happen most often before falling asleep, sometimes when i was awake, but usually right before sleep. sometimes a succession of them, like 4-5 in a row, and sometimes just a big one. anyway, doctors suggested maybe it was myoclonic jerks, and they are not dangerous. anyway, i am around 7 weeks into gluten-free diet and they are definitely becoming less often. i'm hoping just a recovery thing from Celiac symptoms. hope this helps as i'm not sure if it is exactly what you are describing or not and i don't even know if what i had was myoclonic jerks but the closest thing that docotors could give to label the weird sensation.

I read about these earlier today and i thought it could be what it is..........i wish it would go away whatever it is!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.