Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimber

Could Use Some Advice..haven't Been On In A While

Hi everyone

I haven't posted on this board in some time, but come here often to read the posts, get recipes etc

My ds, zachary, will be 4 on Halloween, and was diagnosed with reflux 2 weeks after birth

At 6 mnth I switched from b/f to alimentum and it was a HUGE mistake...once we strarted solids things only got worse

Zach was dairy/soy free but out of desperation and after keeping a food journal, I decided to try him on a gluten-free diet and within a few days responded with less tantrums, more energy etc...I was thrilled

2 weeks later, I don't know what happened, but he completely went downhill

I then realized he might be reacting to corn and eliminated that as well....more problems until I read about fructose intolerance and tried him on an a everything free, low fructose diet

Zach has been to several allergists and has never tested + to anything...we have been to 7-8 GI's and he has had b/w for celiac's etc and all has been neg...GI's pretty much blew me off

Zach is small for his age, but thankfully he is gaining...he is roughly 31 pounds

For the past few days he is eating basic white rice products, chicken and some pears...I don't know what direction to turn?

If I try gluten, even oats...he reacts...dairy/soy...he reacts?

If he has banana...grapes...more reactions

Is anyone in the same boat?

Is it possible to have a gluten and fructose intolerance....

I am very anxious and stressed out that I have been trying to figure this out for almost 4 yrs

Any advice GREATLY appreciated!

Hope all is well with everyone else

Kim

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kim,

You may not like what I have to say, but here goes.....

There is a reason your son has so many intolerances. The best way to try and figure this out is through alternative testing.

From what I have learned heavy metals, parasites, pesticides, insecticides, fungal, mold or lyme may all contribute to intolerances. Something else is definately going on with him, not just celiac/gluten intolerance.

I don't know where you live but if you can find someone who practices ART/ASYRA that would be your best bet. I've just started with that for my daughter at this point. I live in Washington state so if you are in Western Washington I can give you the name of who I see.....just pm me.

Different foods have different compounds that make them what they are. He could be reacting to a common compound that's in alot of different foods......or more than one compound.

Thanks so much...I am open to any suggestion

I live in Norther NJ

Good luck on your end, Kim

Kim,

You may not like what I have to say, but here goes.....

There is a reason your son has so many intolerances. The best way to try and figure this out is through alternative testing.

From what I have learned heavy metals, parasites, pesticides, insecticides, fungal, mold or lyme may all contribute to intolerances. Something else is definately going on with him, not just celiac/gluten intolerance.

I don't know where you live but if you can find someone who practices ART/ASYRA that would be your best bet. I've just started with that for my daughter at this point. I live in Washington state so if you are in Western Washington I can give you the name of who I see.....just pm me.

Different foods have different compounds that make them what they are. He could be reacting to a common compound that's in alot of different foods......or more than one compound.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...