Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karen B.

Warming Pad For Rising Bread

I remember seeing a warming pad to help yeast bread rise consistently a couple of decades ago but I don't see any now. Has anyone seen one?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

One of my cookbooks recommends just using a regular heating pad on low.

Thanks! That's also the answer I received back from the folks at King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalogue. I'm going to try it on my next bake and see how it does. Might be more consistent than using the top of the oven. I'm always baking something in the oven while the bread is rising or I'd try the tip of heating the oven and turning it off.

I put the loaf of bread in the cool oven and turn on the light. This seems to make it just warm enough that the bread rises beautifully. Another suggestion is when you're doing the washing, put the pan of bread on the dryer on top of a cooling rack. This works well, too.

Jo Ann

I put the loaf of bread in the cool oven and turn on the light. This seems to make it just warm enough that the bread rises beautifully. Another suggestion is when you're doing the washing, put the pan of bread on the dryer on top of a cooling rack. This works well, too.

Jo Ann

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.