Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karen B.

Warming Pad For Rising Bread

I remember seeing a warming pad to help yeast bread rise consistently a couple of decades ago but I don't see any now. Has anyone seen one?

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

One of my cookbooks recommends just using a regular heating pad on low.

Thanks! That's also the answer I received back from the folks at King Arthur Flour Baker's Catalogue. I'm going to try it on my next bake and see how it does. Might be more consistent than using the top of the oven. I'm always baking something in the oven while the bread is rising or I'd try the tip of heating the oven and turning it off.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

I put the loaf of bread in the cool oven and turn on the light. This seems to make it just warm enough that the bread rises beautifully. Another suggestion is when you're doing the washing, put the pan of bread on the dryer on top of a cooling rack. This works well, too.

Jo Ann

I put the loaf of bread in the cool oven and turn on the light. This seems to make it just warm enough that the bread rises beautifully. Another suggestion is when you're doing the washing, put the pan of bread on the dryer on top of a cooling rack. This works well, too.

Jo Ann

I also do oven (not turned on) with the light on. Works fine.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA