Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondered if other people have this happen -- I get these points where I get sick to my stomach and I start to sweat really bad and feel like I'm going to pass out and then I have to run to the bathroom (or else) -- the sweating and dizzy part worry me, the "D" part is an every day occurence (gosh can my GI appt. ever get here??!!) :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Yup same thing before I went gluten-free.

This is going to sound personal....but do you get dizzy/sweaty while/after the big D???? This could be a vegal nerve reflex. Pretty normal when you have a large or "fierce" bowel movement. I have a Client that has passed out do to this. I have never....but I used to get really dizzy!

Yes that use to happen to me, i would be on the toilet and be so hot and sweaty that i would feel myself passing out, then my anxiety would kick in cause i thought i was dying, then i would get very angry. It would last like for an hour if not more. It hasnt happened since going gluten free. I would actually sit on the toilet and start praying cause i really thought i was going to die. Of course this happened alot in the winter and i would have to open all the windows or put fans on me, and my hubby would get so scared. He use to tell me it must be menopause, i think it comes with the nuerological gene for gluten. I am so happy it no longer happens.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet