Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondered if other people have this happen -- I get these points where I get sick to my stomach and I start to sweat really bad and feel like I'm going to pass out and then I have to run to the bathroom (or else) -- the sweating and dizzy part worry me, the "D" part is an every day occurence (gosh can my GI appt. ever get here??!!) :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Yup same thing before I went gluten-free.

This is going to sound personal....but do you get dizzy/sweaty while/after the big D???? This could be a vegal nerve reflex. Pretty normal when you have a large or "fierce" bowel movement. I have a Client that has passed out do to this. I have never....but I used to get really dizzy!

Yes that use to happen to me, i would be on the toilet and be so hot and sweaty that i would feel myself passing out, then my anxiety would kick in cause i thought i was dying, then i would get very angry. It would last like for an hour if not more. It hasnt happened since going gluten free. I would actually sit on the toilet and start praying cause i really thought i was going to die. Of course this happened alot in the winter and i would have to open all the windows or put fans on me, and my hubby would get so scared. He use to tell me it must be menopause, i think it comes with the nuerological gene for gluten. I am so happy it no longer happens.

paula

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana