Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke987

Think I Have Celiac Disease.

Well basically for the last couple of years I've had painful joints (elbows and knees) which limit my exercising. I also for the past year have been feeling partly dizzy although this is hard to explain and it may possibly be fatigue. I don't have energy nowdays and I feel pretty down.

I'm getting a home testing kit tomorrow but would just like some experience on the matter.

I heard it can lead to anemia? My dad found out he had anemia when he was 17 but I don't think I have it (recent blood test).

I'm also not exactly tall or well developed for my age. 18 and 5'6, 110lbs. My uncle is 5'10 and I'm the same height as my dad. This might just be genetic but if we both have coeliac disease I can hear it stunts development? My bones aren't big at all.

All posts appreciated. Thanks

I would go to your doctor and get a blood test for it while you're still eating gluten. Do you have digestive symptoms as well?

Here's something else for you to check out while you're trying to figure out what's wrong ... I mention it because it also causes joint pain, particularly in the knees and elbows. http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=36163

I would go to your doctor and get a blood test for it while you're still eating gluten. Do you have digestive symptoms as well?

Here's something else for you to check out while you're trying to figure out what's wrong ... I mention it because it also causes joint pain, particularly in the knees and elbows. http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=36163

Thanks for the post. But I can't really find anything other then joint pain and fatigue in that list so I don't think it's this.

I don't think I have digestive problems although I may have. The home test kit I'm getting is pretty reliable I hear, just a pin prick of blood and you get an answer.