Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nama shivaya

Us Biotek Lab Results

Hi Guys:

It's been a while, but wanted to share some news and ask for input.

My integrative med doc ordered a blood test from US BioTek and the results were a bit startling and conclusive.

All dairy tested positive for IgG and IgE off the chart, as did all wheat, spelt, sesame, egg white & yolk, coffee and BLUEBERRIES. (Blueberries???)

The rest of the foods tested were no or low reaction.

I have long had immediate reactions to "latex foods" (kiwi, banana, avocado, split peas & other legumes), but only banana showed as a moderate reactive food, the rest didn't. The reactions range from itchy mouth to foamy, thick mucous and spasms in my esophagus (sp -- sorry.)

Have any of you had BioTek lab testing done? How reliable would you rate it? What of the obvious reactive foods that didn't show up? They recommend foods from the latex list.

Interesting stuff!

We had testing done by them.

You need to eliminate all foods that came back reactive for at least 2 weeks and then add them back in one at a time, say every week.

My husband came back off the charts with blueberry. We didn't think it was a problem until we elminated it and challenged it.

I've recently done the ASYRA test for foods for my two sons, one of which had the IgG test from US Biotek last year. He only came up with wheat, soy and peanuts on US Biotek. For the ASYRA test (run last week) he came back with Preservative Mix; Cumin; Carrot; Baking Soda; Raisan; Celery Salt; Parsley; Beet; Grapefruit; Trout (never had); Soy Sauce; Beer (never had); Swordfish (never had);

Wine (never had); Paprika; Sodium Sulfate; Splenda (never had); Duck (never had);

Strawberry; Margarine; Marjoram; Pear; Corn; Gluten; Milk- Cow; Savory;

Hydrogenated Oils (hasn

Thanks, Andrea. It's kinda discouraging to see all the things I tested so positive for (ALL milk & wheat), but on the positive side, at least I now am better informed. I can do it.

Actually, I had been drinking blueberry tea for the past few weeks since I can't drink coffee any more. I've been having anxiety as well. Maybe it'll abate now that I've got a handle on the blueberries.

Peace to you and yours.

Hi Guys:

It's been a while, but wanted to share some news and ask for input.

My integrative med doc ordered a blood test from US BioTek and the results were a bit startling and conclusive.

All dairy tested positive for IgG and IgE off the chart, as did all wheat, spelt, sesame, egg white & yolk, coffee and BLUEBERRIES. (Blueberries???)

The rest of the foods tested were no or low reaction.

I have long had immediate reactions to "latex foods" (kiwi, banana, avocado, split peas & other legumes), but only banana showed as a moderate reactive food, the rest didn't. The reactions range from itchy mouth to foamy, thick mucous and spasms in my esophagus (sp -- sorry.)

Have any of you had BioTek lab testing done? How reliable would you rate it? What of the obvious reactive foods that didn't show up? They recommend foods from the latex list.

Interesting stuff!

US BioTek is a very reputable lab. My naturopath sends all his patients' ELISA tests to USBT. You probably had the ELISA blood test for over 100 different allergies. Did your doc give you a copy of your lab test results? Usually USBT also sends a little "FOODStats Elimination Rotation Guide" book which describes which foods contain your specific allergens. Your test results aren't all that usual. My husband, whose arthritis pain disappeared after he refrained from gluten, tested positive for dairy, egg white, coffee bean, blueberries, sesame, almond and grape. Many of those were foods he ate most often before he abstained from gluten. So I suspect that those food proteins leaked into his blood and created allergen antibodies. I also tested positive for allergies to foods I ate most often before I eliminated gluten (dairy, eggs, soy and cane sugar).

USBT does not test for environmental or chemical sensitivities (like latex) with the ELISA test. However they do have other tests for those kind of sensitivities. Nevertheless the back page of their 'FOODstats' book lists 'Cross-reactivity between Inhalants and Vegetables/Fruits/Other. That page mentions Latex and the other foods which you mentioned. If you want to test for latex allergies, you should ask your doc to order USBT's other environmental tests. You can also call USBT toll free at 1-877-318-8728 to ask about your test results or the accuracy of the ELISA test. They are very happy to talk to any patients. Just tell them your doc sent your test (probably ELISA) to USBT.

BURDEE