Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Making Pizza With Tortilla

Hi, someone once posted about making individual pizzas out of soft corn tortilla and I can't remember exactly how they said they did it. I believe they brushed it with olive oil and then cooked it in the broiler. Does anyone else remember?

I do remember and I believe that was how they said they did it.

When I make tortilla pizza, I like a thicker "crust" so I melt mozzarella between 2 tortillas and then spread the top one with pizza sauce, more mozzarella and pepperoni. The cheese sticking the two tortillas together makes it feel more like pizza and less like a taco that I should fold. Although I guess it's more like a pizza quesadilla. :-)

I generally prefer yellow corn tortillas but for pizza, white corn is better. It doesn't taste as "corny" but white corn tortillas are not as strong as yellow.

Hi, someone once posted about making individual pizzas out of soft corn tortilla and I can't remember exactly how they said they did it. I believe they brushed it with olive oil and then cooked it in the broiler. Does anyone else remember?

I've posted a similar suggestion before, but I don't use a Corn tortilla, though you could I suppose. I use Food For Life Brand Brown Rice Tortillas, which I get at Whole Foods. Since WF is kind of a drive for me, I get lot's when ever I'm there. The brown rice tortillas toast nicely, and don't taste much like a taco when toasted.

I actually recently got a cool little olive oil sprayer. You put OO in it, and pump it up. SPrays out like Pam, but it's just olive oil. I use that to give both sides a light coating, then toast in the broiler, then top with fun stuff, and bake.

It makes a very thin crust pizza, but it tastes great to me, is cheap and easy.

Geoff

I've always used tostada shells (hard corn tortilla). You put a little sauce and then goodies on them, then back for about 10 minutes at 350. If you pull them out at the right time, the tostada shell will still be firm, but won't crack into pieces when you bite. Kids love them. Bob