Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Menieres Disease?

Anyone else? Im really getting sick of all these little autoimmune disorders coming out and I have been gluten free for 2 years. <_<

It cant be other intolerances as Im a gluten free, salt free, msg free, caffeine free, nightshade free, vegan. Im growing old way before my time.

There's always soy intolerance. Some people don't do well on beans, legumes. Some are intolerant of nuts. A good elimination diet would probably be a place to start.

Sorry to hear about the Menierries, that is a terrible thing to have! I have a co-worker dealing with it.

Thanks Nancy :)

I limit my beans and I dont eat nuts or soy but thanks, it might be non traditional intolerances. I need to do an elimination diet but honestly I feel fine other than that Im just wondering if its intolerances or just damage over the years from gluten? If it is damage I hope it stops soon.

I really hate this disorder too. One day I just woke up and had vertigo where I'm spinning for hours sometimes to the point of getting sick before that I had never had problems, unfortunately it has taken part of my hearing with it in both ears too just from a few months. I dont mind the hearing loss so much since there are hearing aids down the road but the tinnitus and vertigo really bug me and disrupt my life.

Thanks for answering, I wondered if I would get a response since I know its pretty rare with less than 2% of the population having it :)

Is Meniere's an autoimmune disease???? My husband has been pretty much episode free by staying on a low sodium diet. He took a diuretic for a while after his last big episode. He does have the tinnitis though. I'm the one who has recently been diagnosed as needing to be gluten free. He hasn't been tested.

Is Meniere's an autoimmune disease???? My husband has been pretty much episode free by staying on a low sodium diet. He took a diuretic for a while after his last big episode. He does have the tinnitis though. I'm the one who has recently been diagnosed as needing to be gluten free. He hasn't been tested.

Yep they do have studies that point to it being autoimmune and hypothyroidism is a common diagnosis with it. There are others at menieres.-org (minus the slash) that have gone gluten free to help their symptoms. I do have tinnitus still in between episodes but many people are relieved of symptoms through variations in the diet. Check out the website, they have a forum and you can search around as there can be many different triggers. Allergies, gluten, caffeine, sodium, msg and many others can be triggers.

Just read a medical column in our local newspaper by Dr. Peter Gott where someone with Meniere's found some relief from tinnitus and other Meniere's symptoms by taking a nonperscription dietary supplement called "Lipo-Flavonoid." We're going to try some. Didn't have it at GNC. Have to try a health food store today. Will report back after a few weeks...

I dont know if you have found this article but it goes into detail the regimen with lemon-flavonoids. It has helped some

http://www.menieresfoundation.org/johnsregimen.htm

Another treatment some people have had success with is nucca treatment for the atlas bone being out of place. I guess it can cause the same kind of reactions. It can be done through a chiropractor who does nucca treatments.

Im looking at various things myself. Im also looking into migraine associated vertigo, menieres is kind of like irritable bowel syndrome of the ears and I know how wrong that was for me :)