Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Stupid Mistake!

I made dinner there where leftover noddles in the fridge. I cooked them and and ate sevrel bits before asking my husband if it was the gluten-free noddles or his and he said "I don't know" I ask him to make the differance between mine and his. I have not Had Any Gluten In 4 mo's and now his lil slip up what is it going to cost me? :angry:

i had a slip up a few months back, my first since being gluten-free for over a year, i was in school and someone passed out little goodie bags. I picked out the obvious treats that i couldn't eat twizzlers, a rice krispy treat, etc. then i came upon a fun size milkway bar. i ate it and within an hour i was sick. i found out from the internet that it had wheat and barly in it!

As for my symptoms i had lots of bloating, achy feelings, and felt hot. i didnt have any vomiting but had some loose stools and cramps. I was worried that this slip up would inflame my intestines and send me back to where i was a year ago but it didn't. After about 2 days I was back to normal. Hope you feel better.

Mistakes happen to everyone, my best advice to you is that if you home is not totally gluten free which it seems it is not, you should come up with some sort of system for labeling left overs and such. It would help avoid this in the future.

I am sorry, that sucks.

I second blueeye here. I bought and labeled a set of reusable containers with large GLUTEN FREE lettering and it has made co-habitating with gluten eaters so much less stressful/worrisome.

Hope it passes quickly.

Today I ate Wheat-Free cookies (the same brand also makes a gluten-free version). I ate several cookies before I figured out the package said, "This is not a gluten-free product". :(