Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burpieboo

Glutened, Lactosed Or Soyed - Help I'm Confused

Hi

Does anyone know if reactions to lactose and/or soy are the same as gluten reactions? I was diagnosed 4 months ago by biopsy and TTG blood test, and have been gluten free since then, however I have been feeling worse instead of better. I have also stopped much of my use of lactose and soy. I have not been as strict with the lactose and soy, and am wondering if this could account for the nausea, headaches and extreme fatigue that I continue to experience.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

It is very possible that these foods are causing the problems. It may be a casein issue rather than a lactose issue. You should try going 100% soy and casein free for a few weeks at least and then introduce one and wait a while and see your reaction and then introduce the other to see what happens. Good luck!

Kassandra

Guest kivmom3

I was told by the dietician to drink lots of soymilk and ensure for the calories and protein about 4 weeks post diagnosis. Needless to say, i was feeling MUCH worse. I cut out the soy and have felt better since. YOu should probably cut out the lactose and soy as well and see how you feel in a few days. Then you can reintroduce one of them in time and see if you still have a reaction. The other post regarding casein may also be a good idea as well.

Gg

I was told by the dietician to drink lots of soymilk and ensure for the calories and protein about 4 weeks post diagnosis. Needless to say, i was feeling MUCH worse. I cut out the soy and have felt better since. YOu should probably cut out the lactose and soy as well and see how you feel in a few days. Then you can reintroduce one of them in time and see if you still have a reaction. The other post regarding casein may also be a good idea as well.

Gg

Thanks for your help Gg and Kassandra - Just a little confused about casein and lactose - are they both usually contained in milk products?

Your help is much appreciated