Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jessi

How Quickly Do Symptoms Come On/off

I am curious, when you stop eating gluten how quickly should you see results. And, if you reintroduce it, how quickly do you see those results?

I haven't cut out gluten, but I cut way down over the past few days. I have felt better all day. Not completely symptom-free, but definitely better. Last night I had some wheat toast and within the hour I started to feel sick again, but ok again today.

I get sick about an hour after being glutened. And don't feel completely better for about 2 weeks. When I first went gluten free, I felt a little brighter and better every single morning I woke up. It was amazing. I never knew I felt so bad, until I started feeling better.

Gina

If I eat foods with gluten my reactions are determined by the amount of gluten I consumed and how often I consumed them. I do everything in my power to stay away from any gluten.

Guest j_mommy

After I went gluten-free, I started feeling better everyday!!!

If I get CC'd, yuckieness comes with in an hour and lasts a day or so....if I get glutened, I'm sick almost right away and feel sick for days!!!

Are you diagnosed?????

I would definetly cut out ALL gluten..especially if it makes you feel better and b/c you could be doing damage!!!

I'm still figuring all this out myself and I've been gluten-free since Sept 2005. I Know I've been glutenned if my nocturnal myoclonus (jerking when going into REM sleep) and insomnia come back. Then I go back and forth between feeling hyper and sleepy for about 4 days ... I'm not sure what happens after that.

I don't have any major digestive complaints, just very gassy.

Marcia