Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arethusa

England.i'm Looking For Information

Hi! I'm Italian! I'm going to pass a month in England, and I need some information about gluten-free food. I'll take with me my European Health Insurance Card and my Italian medical prescription ( that I use to receive gluten-free food in chemist's shop in Italy without paying). Can I use it, in England, to receive gluten-free products I need? Can I find them in chemist's shops like in Italy? I can pay them in Italy if it's necessary. The last question: I'm looking for an hand-book with all commercial foods that not contein gluten. I don't know if it exists in England.

I apologize for my ungrammatically English, and I thank for your help! :P

maria

Hi! I'm Italian! I'm going to pass a month in England, and I need some information about gluten-free food. I'll take with me my European Health Insurance Card and my Italian medical prescription ( that I use to receive gluten-free food in chemist's shop in Italy without paying). Can I use it, in England, to receive gluten-free products I need? Can I find them in chemist's shops like in Italy? I can pay them in Italy if it's necessary. The last question: I'm looking for an hand-book with all commercial foods that not contein gluten. I don't know if it exists in England.

I apologize for my ungrammatically English, and I thank for your help! :P

maria

Sorry - try the "international" forum.

Grocery stores are good sources: Sainsburys, Tesco, and Morrisons all have gluten-free sections and products are clearly labeled. I understand there's a bakery in Oxford which mails within England; see the international forum for the reference. Have a yummy time!