Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickchick

Women

Does anyone else have major nausea during your period?

I made the mistake of eating something... :huh:

back to the floor

sickchick

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone else have major nausea during your period?

I made the mistake of eating something... :huh:

back to the floor

sickchick

And since we're on the subject of being glutened while on your period, I have a question. Does anyone NOT get their period until they are 100% 24/7 gluten free? I was always on the Pill, got my period like clockwork. I went off the pill and now I don't ever get my period. Again, it's been 62 days since my last period. Is this common? (Side note: I am not pregnant; I got tested at the Dr.)

I don't know much about not getting your periodbecause of celiac, but I used to get the worst nausea when I hadn't figured out my celiac yet, because of all the diarhea cramps. I sometimes still get it when I have period cramps, the cramping of your uterus can affect your intestines, causing nausea from the riling up of everything, is my understanding. For me, it usually goes away when I take Imodium. Sickchick, do you also have maybe diarhea with your period?

And since we're on the subject of being glutened while on your period, I have a question. Does anyone NOT get their period until they are 100% 24/7 gluten free? I was always on the Pill, got my period like clockwork. I went off the pill and now I don't ever get my period. Again, it's been 62 days since my last period. Is this common? (Side note: I am not pregnant; I got tested at the Dr.)

Have you lost a lot of weight prediognosis and after going gluten-free? That may be causing your trouble.

I don't know much about not getting your period because of celiac, but I used to get the worst nausea when I hadn't figured out my celiac yet, because of all the diarhea cramps. I sometimes still get it when I have period cramps, the cramping of your uterus can affect your intestines, causing nausea from the riling up of everything, is my understanding. For me, it usually goes away when I take Imodium. Sickchick, do you also have maybe diarhea with your period?

No I actually normally don't get diahrrea with my period. And when I do get it I can eat like 6 Immodium and it's like I didn't take anything at all... nothing I take stops my diahrrea. It's awful.

I am still not gluten-free at this point too b/c I haven't been tested, that is scheduled very soon.

Jewi00008 it could take a while for your body to adjust and readjust after being on the pill. Good luck you must be very frustrated!

Thanks everyone for your replies :) lovelove

sickchick

i used to get severe nausea and D just on the first day of my period. i would wake up and literally not be able to move or eat anything for hours. at the time i was under a lot of stress and thought that it could be related to that so i quit my job (in addition to other reasons why). after that it got a little better. then four years later i was dx'ed with celiac and now i find that i get continual mild nausea after i ovulate for a few days but nothing near as horrible as what i had before. oh i don't miss those days AT ALL!

Ack poor thing! Thanks alamaz

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...