This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So Sick! Please Help!

skinnyminny

skinnyminny Enthusiast

I have had a run with something terrible going on my second week. I woke up one morning extremly sick to my stomach and felt that way all day, and threw up a few times, that night I felt a little better I thought until 1:30 that morning I woke up with the chills, D, and throwing up, I ran a fever also. That was the worse that but sense then I have felt terrible off and on. Has anyone experienced it taking longer to get over the common stomach virus than the average person?

I have just felt weak, my bones ached, and yesterday my tummy cramped up so bad I couldn't move. My dad seems to think it is just moving out of my system, but it has been 8 days now so I need so more input?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I would suggest you see your doctor. Stomach viruses can take a while to get over, but they don't often cause such extreme symptoms for so long.

trents Grand Master

If symptoms are persisting that long I would begin to think it something other than a stomach virus, something bacterial maybe. With the fever and chills you had initially, infection of some kind is indicated. I certainly would see the doctor.

Steve

jerseyangel Proficient

Yes, please call your doctor--it sounds like it might be bacterial--maybe not, but 8 days is long enough to warrant a doctor visit to see what's going on.

Hope you get to feeling better soon :)

gfpaperdoll Rookie

I hope you go to the doctor or the ER, it could be a lot of things, including apendics...

skinnyminny Enthusiast
I hope you go to the doctor or the ER, it could be a lot of things, including apendics...

Thanks for the replies, I actually went to the doctor today and was disappointed as always this should be a whole other thread. BUT.... my tummy was still hurting with sharp pains no other symptoms. I went to the same doctors office I went to when I was so sick with finding out I had celiac the doctor I saw that time told me he refused to test me for Celiac that there was no way I could live the rest of my life without wheat gluten and it was all mental. Therefore he put me through everything else and so I got another opion and the test came back positeve for Celiac Disease.

SO today I went to the same office of the doctor who refused to test me, but saw another doctor and in my chart was a blood test that said I was negative for celiac disease. This doctor never did the test though because he was so aggainist the other doctor I went to for the second opinion diagnosed me!!! So i am goin in today to see if there was something wrong with me and he tells me I dont have celiac and wants to re scope and biopsy me!! I mean are you serious!! I could not bbelieve he was telling me this I am so sick if I am to even get a crumb of gluten!! Sorry I had to rant I am hoping my parents do not let them re scope and biopsy me... I am having a cat scan done monday to see what the pain is from.

imsohungry Collaborator

I hope your tummy feels better soon!

Let us know the results of the CT scan.

So sorry about all the doctors being jackassses. Just remember, out of the thousands of doctors practicing medicine, only one of them graduates at the top of their class each year....some barely make the cutoff. The trick is finding a doctor who's both intelligent and empathetic.

Good luck to you. I finally stumbled across several good doctors whom I deeply respect and appreciate. However, it took 16 years to find them.

Prayers and hugs headed your way! -Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived