Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MJS

Other Symptoms

I was diagnosed with celiac over a year ago. although i got much better, i never went back to feeling completely normal.

I frequently get extremely bloated and have stomach pain whenever I haven't eaten for about 3 hours. Or, if I eat a lot, I still get the bloating and pain. I now eat very small portions for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and about 3 large snacks/mini-meals a day. This only limits the pain a little, it's still pretty bad. And I'm not sure if the way I'm eating is healthy either - should I be eating 5 or 6 small meals a day?

Is this a part of celiac disease, or should I be worried? My MD says that it's probably nothing, but to be safe I took a hydrogen breath test last week and the results came out normal. My next appointment isn't for a month and I was wondering if anyone experienced/knew of these symptoms and how to treat them.

Thanks.

Have you eliminated dairy? Those symptoms sound like a dairy and/or soy intolerance to me. If you are diligent in avoiding gluten (including in your personal care products) and avoiding cross contamination, then it is probably another intolerance that keeps you from feeling better.