Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nowheatnomilk

Stopped Snoring

My husband told me I have stopped snoring since I've been gluten free... Of course I told him..

"Your Crazy, I never snore." But between you and me.. it is a strange coincidences. :unsure:

I hope my hubby will also stop snoring after abstaining from dairy for awhile. Abstaining from gluten relieved his arthritis pain, but did zip for his snoring. After he showed positive reactions to dairy on the ELISA test, he cut out all dairy. I always got sinus congestion symptoms before I abstained from dairy 3 years ago. So I anticipate the day (night :lol: ) his sinus congestion disappears and he no longer snores. ;)

BURDEE

I doubt that I have completely stopped snoring since going gluten-free, but I know that I snore much less, and not as loudly as before. My snoring used to wake my husband often, and he frequently complained that he couldn't get a decent nights sleep because of my snoring. I haven't heard a single complaint since going gluten free last October!

It makes sense to me because I had terrible sinus problems, frequent respiratory ailments, and constant allergies. My sinuses have gradually healed, I haven't had a single cold or anything else, and my allergies are the mildest they have been in more than 30 years. Breathing easier surely accounts for the huge reduction in snoring, at least in my case.

Same story for my duaghter who is 40. She started feeling really run down last fall and since she was quite a snorer, the doctor put her through the sleep test for apnea; which she passed with flying colors. As testing for her exhaustion continued, she suggested a celiac blood test because her dad has it. (even though she had tested negative 3 years ago) This time she came back 'off the charts' positive for celiac. She started the gluten free diet immediately and had absolutely amazing results in a little over a week. Funny thing.....her snoring has completely stopped; and it was so bad before going gluten free that her husband couldn't sleep with her.

Her experience has caused me to encourage the rest of our family to get tested for celiac periodically rather than assume that one negative test means they are home free.