Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arpita

Almond Bar Recipe?

Anyone have a simple recipe for an almond bar without dairy, soy, rice, (or gluten of course). You know, something like the boomi bar. I'm not too good at stove top candy cooking without butter. Any ideas? Thanks.

Anyone have a simple recipe for an almond bar without dairy, soy, rice, (or gluten of course). You know, something like the boomi bar. I'm not too good at stove top candy cooking without butter. Any ideas? Thanks.

What kind of almond bar are you looking for? I have one for almond-roca that's fabulous, but it does have butter--not sure it would yield the same results with an alternative butter...

Get some Perky's Nutty Flax cereal and loosely follow the recipe on the back of the box. When I did it I basically mixed almond butter, agave, cocoa powder and coconut oil on the stove, then mixed in the cereal...then you can add any additional nuts and dried fruits you want.

Basically, you need coconut oil instead of butter....

I have a recipe, too, for what I call baked marzipan bars. It's definitely gluten and rice free, and pretty easy to make dairy and soy free, too.

I have a recipe, too, for what I call baked marzipan bars. It's definitely gluten and rice free, and pretty easy to make dairy and soy free, too.

That sound's interesting. Can you post it or send me a pm? Thanks.