Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmk

Nausea

so i've only been gluten-free for a little under a month -- my D is completely gone -- haven't had an episode in weeks -- however, i've been extremelly nauseaus all the time and very gassy -- thinking the gas thing may be the corn tortillas i've been eating?? has anybody else felt nauseated after going gluten-free? do you think my body is detoxing or something? i've also had a constant sour taste in my mouth (and hence, really thirsty) and still getting tingling in my hands/feet.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

so i've only been gluten-free for a little under a month -- my D is completely gone -- haven't had an episode in weeks -- however, i've been extremelly nauseaus all the time and very gassy -- thinking the gas thing may be the corn tortillas i've been eating?? has anybody else felt nauseated after going gluten-free? do you think my body is detoxing or something? i've also had a constant sour taste in my mouth (and hence, really thirsty) and still getting tingling in my hands/feet.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Thanks for asking. I'm right there with you only instead of getting tingling mine is going away.

you have the nausea too? is it constant? mine doesn't ever seem to go away and i am soooooooooo gassy! :P of course the nausea doesn't stop me from eating -- my appetite is ravenous! <_< time to dust off my exercise ball! :rolleyes:

you have the nausea too? is it constant? mine doesn't ever seem to go away and i am soooooooooo gassy! :P of course the nausea doesn't stop me from eating -- my appetite is ravenous! <_< time to dust off my exercise ball! :rolleyes:

The nausea is about to do me in. People are thinking I'm a soda addict because I'm carrying one around all the time now because that is the only thing that seems to settle it so I can do my normal activities. The gas is something too. I don't know where it is all coming from. I'm not eating any more veggie than usual (always been a veggie person). At first I was blaming is on some of the special flours but I haven't had those in a week and its still there. I even traded in my soda for a couple days when I wasn't going anywhere and that didn't help it, had more nausea, but the same gas. My oldest child has the gas too. He is taking it hard too because his is quite stinky.

He is taking it hard too because his is quite stinky.

aww -- i hope it gets better for him!!!! i could knock someone out w/ mine! :lol: luckily, mine is much worse at the end of the day so it's just my cats that have to worry! :P

i've been eating some homemade gluten-free bread b/c i was just craving something like that -- maybe it is the flours?! but, you said you've been off yours for a week, so I would think it'd be better by now.

hmmm -- maybe our bowels are just trying to regulate themselves or something and things are going a little haywire in there? oh, I don't know, i just wish it would go away soon! i'm so impatient :rolleyes:

thanks for responding and I hope you feel better!!!!!!!!

luckily, mine is much worse at the end of the day so it's just my cats that have to worry! :P

Yes. It is way worse at the end of the day (for me). The poor kid is like the Peanuts character with the little dirty cloud all around him. Oddly we are the only 2 bothered by it of of the 5 in the household.