This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Frustrated In Clearwater, Fl

kvandorselaer

kvandorselaer Rookie

I am so bored with the usual places.. Outback, Carrabbas, PF CHangs, and Don Pablos. Where else can we eat in Tampa??? Something different.. like Thai? Thankyou :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Maggiano's. They took good care of me.

Chipotle. Just don't get the tortillas .... the burrito bowls are good.

juliela Rookie

don't know if you know of this bakery- has gluten-free products- check out their website:

Sami's Pita Bakery Inc.

4920 East Busch Blvd

Tampa, FL, 33617

info@samisbakery.com

samisbakery.com

Lee Roy Selmon's

4302 W Boy Scout Blvd

South Tampa FL 33607

(813) 871-3287

Lee Roy Selmon's

17508 Dona Michelle Dr

New Tampa FL 33647

(813) 977-3287

They have online gluten-free lunch and dinner menus

___________________-

Columbia Restaurant- they have a list of gluten-free on-line

1241 Gulf Boulevard

Clearwater, FL 33767

Telephone:

(727) 596-8400

E-mail:

colsand@columbiarestaurant.com

Hours:

Sunday - Saturday (11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.)

Open 365 days of the year.

Serving Lunch & Dinner daily.

sorry- can't find any thai!

juliela Rookie

Forgot-

Mitchell's Fish Market in Tampa

has a gluten-free menu online too!

almostnrn Explorer

I know there is a Bonefish Grill in Tampa...Actually on their website there are some by Clearwater and St. Pete. Smokey Bones doesn't have a gluten free menu but their BBQ and sauces are gluten free, so is their cole slaw, broccoli, asparagus, apples and green beans. I have NEVER had a problem there and they always seem to be extremly helpful and accomodating. Hope these help! I know how it stinks to eat the same stuff all the time.

• 7 months later...
ambertides Newbie

I'm new to gluten-free and so far the only places I've tried eating out are Tijuana Flats and Cold Stone. This is what TF sent me when I asked what they had:

"-(Chips, Hard Tacos, Tostadas, or Taquitos) are gluten free but are fried in the same fryer as our flour and wheat tortillas which may cause contamination.

-The Dos Enchiladas are gluten free but are pre-dipped in the oil as well.

Here is a list of some menu items you might want to try:

-Dos Enchiladas (request not to be dipped in oil)

-Salad with out the shell

-Rice bowl no shell

-Fajitas with corn tortillas

-Dos soft tacos with corn tortillas

-Meats, beans, rice, and queso are gluten free!

-None of our food items contain MSG!"

I haven't been to a local one, but grabbed some out of town on Wednesday and they were really great, and understood what I needed, asking if I wanted rice, etc (I just got the salad minus shell and some queso). Hopefully the one in Oldsmar or Largo (I think it's Largo, maybe P. Park) will be just as wonderful.

I've written Evos, but not heard back yet -- same with Five Guys, though another thread on this board okays them.

So far not found anywhere non-chain that could accommodate me with anything but veggies, but I haven't been looking very long.

I miss Fortunato's. :(

ShayFL Enthusiast

I do well at Sukhothai. They have 2 locations (Carollwood and New Tampa). The food is VERY good too. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

OH and Sami's Bakery is NOT Gluten Free. Read their labels. And at my Celiac Support group in Tampa, the leader warned everyone again. People have gotten sick off of their food.

• 1 year later...
ANGELWINGS Newbie

Well my husband loves fine dining. BERNS Steakhouse really goes the extra mile. When you make your reservation, let them know and they will prepare special french onion soup, potato crisps, regular butter for the baked potato and prepare your steak accordingly also. Flemmings has been sooooo good to us! they always work with us and make us feel right at home. Roys is presently working on a Gluten Free menu but the chef prepared a delicious dinner for my son! I hope this helps!

exsandohs163 Rookie

Guppy's on Gulf Blvd. in Indian Rocks just added a new gluten-free menu. I am going there for vacation in July and can't wait to eat there! :P

MaJa Newbie

BOSTON'S!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Tampa

9316 Anderson Road

Tampa, FL

Very yummy pizza!! My "normal" friends also enjoyed their meals.

I'd be interested to get information on the Tampa Support group ... I'm north in Citrus County, but it would be nice to have some friends like me ...

• 6 months later...
A.L. Newbie

Roy's gluten free menu is great and they don't cross contaminate. The menu changes periodically and you can sit at the chef's table and watch them prepare the food-FUN! We've been there twice recently and have had a great time.

Archived