Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woolwhippet

How Long Until The Body Is Healed?

How long after being gluten free will it take for nutrient stores to be back to normal? I am sure it's different for everyone but does anyone know a timeline?

~Ill for 5 years with progressive symptoms: anxiety, brain fog, joint pain, "D", and the noisiest stomach you've ever heard, and a lovely itchy rash on my buttocks, scalp, and sometimes thighs. ~ Family history of Celiac disease (Uncle, cousins, grandmother) ~ Blood work showed some antibodies but not enough to be dx celiac ~ Dq7 & Dq4. ~ I can't call myself Celiac but I know gluten is bad for my body.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How long after being gluten free will it take for nutrient stores to be back to normal? I am sure it's different for everyone but does anyone know a timeline?

There are alot of factors here, like age at diagnosis, how long were you undiagnosed etc...etc but it's said it can take an adult 'up to' 2 yrs to fully heal (of course some heal before that timeline) :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif