Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genevieve

Blood Test Results

I have been researching celiac disease online since my doctor told me that I may have it a week ago.

My lab test results:

--My vitamin D is 12. The doctor first tested it five weeks ago and it was 11. She told me to take vitamin D supplements for a month, which I did, and then retest. She says the continuing low number can indicate celiac.

--The TTG results are tTG Ab, IgG--4 and tTG Ab, IgA--3.

I do have some symptoms, including stomach distress (diarrhea, pain, bloating) after eating wheat. I will have an endoscopy next week.

Just wondering if others more familiar with this condition think this sounds like celiac.

Thanks very much.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been researching celiac disease online since my doctor told me that I may have it a week ago.

My lab test results:

--My vitamin D is 12. The doctor first tested it five weeks ago and it was 11. She told me to take vitamin D supplements for a month, which I did, and then retest. She says the continuing low number can indicate celiac.

--The TTG results are tTG Ab, IgG--4 and tTG Ab, IgA--3.

I do have some symptoms, including stomach distress (diarrhea, pain, bloating) after eating wheat. I will have an endoscopy next week.

Just wondering if others more familiar with this condition think this sounds like celiac.

Thanks very much.

I also had low Vitamin D levels and positive blood work (my numbers were just slightly out of range). I then had the endoscopy which showed some damage to the villi in the small intestine. I was only diagnosed in June, and have strictly adhered to the diet. I have now determined that I cannot have soy either (I also steer clear of dairy). Since I have cut these out in the past two weeks I have felt a tremendous improvement.

Keep eating the gluten till after the test, but once it's done cut it out and see how you feel. You should start to feel better within a few days. Some symptoms take a little longer to clear up, but you will notice the difference.

Join eNewsletter

I also had low Vitamin D levels and positive blood work (my numbers were just slightly out of range). I then had the endoscopy which showed some damage to the villi in the small intestine. I was only diagnosed in June, and have strictly adhered to the diet. I have now determined that I cannot have soy either (I also steer clear of dairy). Since I have cut these out in the past two weeks I have felt a tremendous improvement.

Keep eating the gluten till after the test, but once it's done cut it out and see how you feel. You should start to feel better within a few days. Some symptoms take a little longer to clear up, but you will notice the difference.

Thank you for your response. Since I'm new to all this, I still am kind of confused. Do positive antibodies, even though not too far out of range, indicate that a person has this?

Join eNewsletter

Thank you for your response. Since I'm new to all this, I still am kind of confused. Do positive antibodies, even though not too far out of range, indicate that a person has this?

Yes and you can also have celiac and not show up in blood work at all. I didn't and that delayed my diagnosis by years. My DH was only one point into the positive level but he went strictly gluten-free and was really shocked at how many things that he didn't think were gluten related went away. He didn't think he even had GI symptoms till they were gone, what's a little gas a D once in a while after all we are taught to just grab a med and ignore it.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter