Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

threeringfilly

New Here

Hello!

Just thought I would introduce myself before I got to posting. My name is Lindsay, and I'm 24 years old. I don't suffer from Celiac Disease (that I know of), but it's been recommended to be by more than one person (including one doctor) to start a gluten-free diet (she suggested Casein-free too, but one step at a time!!). I have Lupus, and need to find some way to help myself feel better!

I'll probably ease into a gluten-free diet before going all-out, but I know I am going to need support and help along the way. I'm really hoping this helps me feel better, I'm hoping it stops the tummy aches, the gassyness, and hopefully my migraines, too.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!!

-Lindsay

Mostly gluten-free since only 11/07

Diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia

(Gluten-free diet helps, so maybe a Celiac too?)

Email: threeringfilly@gmail.com

AIM: alleightcrayons

Yahoo!: threeringfilly

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Lindsay :)

Welcome to the board!!! We have lots of people on board...some are Celiacs, some are gluten intolerant, some are family members, and some are just here looking, reading, learning, etc. Hope that you make yourself at home and learn about gluten.

Have you had the blood testing done for Celiac?

Feel free to ask any questions. Best of luck!!!

Join eNewsletter

Welcome!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Hi Lindsay :)

Welcome to the board!!! We have lots of people on board...some are Celiacs, some are gluten intolerant, some are family members, and some are just here looking, reading, learning, etc. Hope that you make yourself at home and learn about gluten.

Have you had the blood testing done for Celiac?

Feel free to ask any questions. Best of luck!!!

No, I haven't had a blood test. Right now, I have very crappy insurance, which is better than nothing, but still crappy. Hopefully this will work on, or at least help, my tummy problems.

Thank you for the welcome!

-Lindsay

Mostly gluten-free since only 11/07

Diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia

(Gluten-free diet helps, so maybe a Celiac too?)

Email: threeringfilly@gmail.com

AIM: alleightcrayons

Yahoo!: threeringfilly

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter