Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Hubby Can Be So Frustrating

My grandson was coming over to celebrate his birthday and mine. I decided to order a gluten free ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. My husband wasn't even going to try it because it was "gluten-free!" Dairy Queen has a nice long list of sundaes and blizzards that are gluten free. I admit some of the gluten free baked things aren't so great, but ice cream. Give me a break. When I do the cooking it is gluten free and he eats it.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh wow, that sounds like my best friend's hubby. He accuses me of trying to rid the world of gluten, and has been refusing gluten-free food on principle. :angry:

Then, a couple weeks ago at a Halloween party, my MOM grabbed a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie (with frosting and sprinkles, no less), stuck it right under his nose, and said, "EAT IT." This was particularly amusing, since bf's hubby is 6'7" and my mom is 5'4", and both were fully costumed! :lol:

Well, apparently it smelled good (or else he was intimidated) because he ate it. He also said it was really good, hehe.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Good for your Mom. My hubby has tried a couple of my baked goods. He also tried some gluten free bread, which I can understand not liking. But the ice cream because it was gluten free. All I did was have them eliminate the crushed oreos in the middle and had them use pecans. I guess maybe he thought that their was actual cake in it.

Join eNewsletter

Oh wow, that sounds like my best friend's hubby. He accuses me of trying to rid the world of gluten, and has been refusing gluten-free food on principle. :angry:

Then, a couple weeks ago at a Halloween party, my MOM grabbed a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie (with frosting and sprinkles, no less), stuck it right under his nose, and said, "EAT IT." This was particularly amusing, since bf's hubby is 6'7" and my mom is 5'4", and both were fully costumed! :lol:

Well, apparently it smelled good (or else he was intimidated) because he ate it. He also said it was really good, hehe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Tell your mom I said she rocks!

I wish things like this were easier for everyone, and that i could share my boyfriend and my Mom. My boyfriend doesn't let any gluten in the house (except his goldfish for work and his box of stroopwafel) and he loves my cooking and encourages me everytime I screw something up. i just don't understand why so many people are so mean about this.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

My hubby is exactly the opposite, thankfully.

He is gluten-free-gung-ho!

In fact, he experiences quite a bit of tummy trouble and I noticed since we made our house gluten-free that has decreased significantly. Plus, he has pointed out that when he does eat gluten, his poopies resemble what our daughter's used to be like.

So, he is going to be tested soon (we're waiting to test before we buy a life insurance policy), but until then, eating gluten lite.

He says even w/out a positive diagnosis that he will continue eating gluten-lite because it just feels better. Plus, my gluten-free cooking is really starting to rock (says my hubby with the big belly). :D

Also, if he is dxd w/ Celiac, we explained to our daughter that she basically saved HIS life because we never would have thought that he was having a problem with gluten. The real kicker? Our daughter is not biologically his! I was a single parent when we met and he adopted her when she was 7!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter