This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Was I Thinking?

wowzer

wowzer Community Regular

My dear son works at a pizza place. He comes home and plunks down at the computer. When he was done, I did clean the desk, mouse, keyboard, chair, etc. We were talking in the kitchen and I saw him lean his hand on my coffee cup. I got a new cup for my coffee. As I was sitting here later, I'm feeling glutened. I looked and somehow I was back to the cup that I was trying to avoid. I can't believe I did that. I suppose we all learn from our miseries. Grrrrr

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfp Enthusiast

Grr....

annoying as it is this sort of accident will always happen. Its annoying but its just life and no point blaming yourself. You identified the risk so that's a big plus...

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Now, after the whole xanax incindent and my knowing now, that I do have a completely different reaction to being glutened now than the reaction I used to have, I actually wonder if I havent been glutened at work and never even knew I was. My xanax glutenings always give me this nervousness the next day, this on edge feeling, a teariness, and the over all achiness--but being achy is so normal for a person with neuropathy, that it's hard to separate the 2. Yet the people at work are always having bagels, cookies, donuts, cakes, you name it and they eat over my invoices, patients bring in donuts for us and they will get sat on our appointment book which I have to use too and I can't get it through their heads that they can have these things, but they have to stay clear of certain areas. They shouldn't sit boxes of donuts on the appointment book anyways and they do not need to eat over the invoices. Finally, I have it understood that NO ONE will eat at my desk.

After Halloween, they brought in left over candy and PAt asked me if I could have a piece and she was reading the ingredients. She read soy lecithin and wouldn't let me have it, stating, "I don't want you to get sick because of me!" Finally, she is paying attention and I figured I didn't need the candy enough to explain that lecithin is safe. The battle isn't over, but I am gaining.

bakingbarb Enthusiast
My dear son works at a pizza place. He comes home and plunks down at the computer. When he was done, I did clean the desk, mouse, keyboard, chair, etc. We were talking in the kitchen and I saw him lean his hand on my coffee cup. I got a new cup for my coffee. As I was sitting here later, I'm feeling glutened. I looked and somehow I was back to the cup that I was trying to avoid. I can't believe I did that. I suppose we all learn from our miseries. Grrrrr

Heres a real good one, I bought my daughter some candy and without thinking I popped a couple of em in my mouth! It was chocolate afterall, I mean hello I never think when it comes to chocolate. ARGH About a half hour later I felt like I was gonna hurl! I darnk a ton of water after that!

wowzer Community Regular

I know what you mean about work. I am a bank teller at a drive in. I was off yesterday and came into today to find the person who worked in my window's gluten hand lotion. I'm sure she used it all day. I was wiping down anything I thought she touched. Is it asking too much to ask my coworkers to not use lotion that contains gluten? I suppose I could keep throwing it away. I do have a nice big bottle in my window that they are all welcome to use. It sure is an ongoing battle. If I work in the lobby, it's almost worse because we serve cookies. So what can I do?

Archived