Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JennyC

I'm So Thankful

My son was diagnosed via extremely positive blood work and dietary response to the gluten free diet. My son's pediatrician ran the celiac panel and when it came back at 21 (normal is <7) she suggested that we start the gluten free diet and get into see a pediatric gastro. Well in the month it took to get into see the doctor every symptom that my son had disappeared on the gluten free diet! The gastro would not even admit that he had celiac disease unless there was a positive biopsy, and he spent the entire appointment trying to push me into a biopsy. Needless to say we did not get along too well and I never took my son back to him.

Eight months later I decided to give it another shot with a different doctor, but I was very pessimistic. I assumed she would be the exact same way. She was the opposite! She spent 45 minutes talking to me about his symptoms and his response to the gluten free diet. She never acted like he had anything else than celiac disease. She reordered blood work and other tests. His celiac panel as well as the other tests she ordered were NORMAL!!! :D I am so happy! The diet is working great for my son and I have finally found a fantastic pediatric gastro to manage his celiac disease!!!

If anyone needs a pediatric gastro in the Portland Oregon area PM me and I'll give you the info. Good ones really are out there!

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter