Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Mashed Potato Pie

I was trying to make a breakfast casserole this morning and I didn't have any potato. Ugh... So, I decided to try something new and it turned out really well. Its not my favorite dish, but it would be a fantastic way to use up leftover mashed potato.

1 cup mashed potato

3 eggs

1/2 cup shredded cheddar

4 slices precooked crumbled bacon

1/4 cup chopped onion

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs lightly with fork. Add all other ingredients and mix well by hand. Pour into greased pan (I used a glass loaf pan). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I ate this with ketchup and it was really quite good for the amount of effort that went into it. I imagine this would also be good with veggies added or with sausage instead of bacon. You may wish to microwave your onion in a tablespoon of water first if you want softer onions. Make sure you drain them afterwards. You could also saute them in butter if you had extra time.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yum! Thanks for posting this! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It sounds like a nice quick way to have something a little different. I just bought bacon the other day too! This is perfect! I wonder if adding stuffing to the mix would be any good? I have a lot of that leftover! I plan on putting it in a meatloaf, but I know I will still have plenty more left.

I was trying to make a breakfast casserole this morning and I didn't have any potato. Ugh... So, I decided to try something new and it turned out really well. Its not my favorite dish, but it would be a fantastic way to use up leftover mashed potato.

1 cup mashed potato

3 eggs

1/2 cup shredded cheddar

4 slices precooked crumbled bacon

1/4 cup chopped onion

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs lightly with fork. Add all other ingredients and mix well by hand. Pour into greased pan (I used a glass loaf pan). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I ate this with ketchup and it was really quite good for the amount of effort that went into it. I imagine this would also be good with veggies added or with sausage instead of bacon. You may wish to microwave your onion in a tablespoon of water first if you want softer onions. Make sure you drain them afterwards. You could also saute them in butter if you had extra time.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter