Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Breakfast

what does everyone eat for breakfast? and i mean like a GOOOOD breakfast!

i miss going to the diner and getting yummy things to eat!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i dont have a perkins nearby

:(

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Bob Evans? I have been there with no problems too, I just don't like their hasbrowns...I am very picky when it comes to breakfast.

What places do you have near?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

no bob evans either!

i have a lot of local diners, IHOP (but they gave me food poisoning once, lol).

I've had great luck with diners... in fact, that's the one thing I miss about now living in AZ, there aren't as many diners here as back east.

For breakfasts (well I was usually eating at diners at lunch/dinner time, but often I ordered breakfast just the same):

I started like usual, allergic to flour- very important for no bread/flour to come in contact with my food. That means no bread or toast, muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc.

For eggs/omlet- I usually ordered mine with real eggs or egg whites, unless they specifically said they had Egg Beaters (which at my last check were gluten-free). Then I asked for a clean pan, veggies and cheese are okay. I'm not a ham/sausage person, so that wasn't a problem.

Usually hashbrowns/home fries are okay, again saying clean part of the grill, no flour, no seasoning mixes- pure spices okay. There was one time they weren't sure (new cook), and so he was more than happy to microwave a baked potato for me instead). Or, ask for fruit instead of a potato.

The diners are great because everything is less processed than the chain restaurants, and you usually have someone actually cooking rather than just reheating!

no bob evans either!

i have a lot of local diners, IHOP (but they gave me food poisoning once, lol).

what does everyone eat for breakfast? and i mean like a GOOOOD breakfast!

i miss going to the diner and getting yummy things to eat!

We don't eat out much anymore, so I've worked on a lot of "diner" type recipes. This one I make almost every weekend (and it's easy):

-In skillet, heat some oil (maybe 1Tbs-I don't usually measure)

-Cover the bottom (just the bottom if you're cooking for 1) with frozen hashbrowns-add chopped peppers, onions, frozen spinach (whatever your taste prefers-or you could use potatos o'brien instead of the hashbrowns), and cook until starting to brown--you don't need them crispy

-You can add chopped meat (pre-cooked) of some sort if you like, I use gluten-free chicken sausages from Costco

-When all heated up to your liking, pour 1 egg beaten with 2-3 egg whites (to keep it healthy and you'll never know it), scramble up till egg is cooked

-top with cheese-I use sharp cheddar.

I like mine a little spicy, so I add a little red pepper flake

now I'm hungry :D

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)