Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sootie Patches

Aveda Foot Relief

I have been gluten free for 1 1/2 weeks. After suffering from nausea for 6 months I have felt like a different person the past week and 1/2 of cutting wheat out of my diet. The only form of nausea I have had was minimal and came after my husband gave me a foot massage with Aveda's foot relief. Does anyone know if this product contain gluten. I have tried to look up on their website as well as each individual ingredient and I am not convinced that it carries gluten or not. All I know is that I was naustious after putting it on my feet. Help.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been gluten free for 1 1/2 weeks. After suffering from nausea for 6 months I have felt like a different person the past week and 1/2 of cutting wheat out of my diet. The only form of nausea I have had was minimal and came after my husband gave me a foot massage with Aveda's foot relief. Does anyone know if this product contain gluten. I have tried to look up on their website as well as each individual ingredient and I am not convinced that it carries gluten or not. All I know is that I was naustious after putting it on my feet. Help.

I have heard a lot of their products have wheat, but I don't know for sure.

Can you post the ingredients?

Celiac blood testing negative July 2007

Confirmed diagnosis of wheat allergy by skin test Dec 2007

Gluten-lite since July 2007 (didn't know all the hidden sources of gluten)

Gluten-free since December 2007

Life Long Symptoms

Extreme fatigue--needing 10-12 hours of sleep and still woke up exhusted

Allergic to everything--allergies remained out of control despite shots and strict enviornmental controls in my home.

Severe "sinus" headaches

More Recent Symptoms

IBS symptoms

Severe stabbing stomach pains that started 6 months before diagnosis of wheat allergy.

In my heart I feel it is more than an allergy and that I am gluten intolerant. This is based on my how eerily my childhood maladies match most celiac's histories, and my more recent increase in the severity of my usual symptoms and new digestive symptoms that have already started to subside on the gluten-free diet.