Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coreyjilda

Five Guys Burgers

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...c=27740&hl=

If that link doesn't work, you can probably find it in the restaurants section - look at dec 2006 timeframe.

One warning since food intolerances run in clusters in some people. The ones around northern VA have a basket of peanuts and shells tend to scatter so avoid this place if you have a peanut allergy also.

We just got one and I love it. The fries, especially, if you haven't had fast food fries in a while and can handle peanut oil. The fries are just potatoes fried in peanut oil, nothing else is fried in the oil, and if you ask for regular fries to go and nothing else you get a whopping massive amount. The burgers are good, get them without the bun, but for me the fries are the attraction. I hadn't had fast food fries in 3 years, and although they are not like McDonald's or Wendy's fries, they are pretty darn good. I was going to save half of that massive first purchase, but they were so good I ate them all. Unfortunately they opened up next to Curves so I worked out this morning to the aroma of frying onions and left to the smell of bacon. Good thing Five Guys wasn't open yet or I would have completely negated my workout.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

We have a 5 guys here in knoxville, tn and it is really good. the first time i are there the register guy actually had a sister with celaic so he totally understood what i could and could not have. however, the last time i ate there all i had was a burger and it got C.C., even though i made sure to tell the girl at the register and i got really sick. i still eat there but i try to clarify even more so now

22 years old

photographer

diagnosed at 16 but told that the disease would never affect me

because of DH <div align='center'>

"re-diagnosed" at 19(started gluten-free diet)</div>